Balloon Man

Thomas and I went to "Field Day" at his old preschool yesterday.  Lots of fun and one big life lesson.  There was a Balloon man, a DJ, a Magician, but it was the Balloon Man who that caused the Disney effect as I will call it.  The line was long, the temperature was high, the sun blaring yet none of these things could deter the kids from their prized alligator or sword or flower.  Thomas waited patiently for 30 minutes before Mr. Twister (not kidding) put on his schtick and made a wonderful orange butterfly for Thomas.  Was it worth it?  You bet. 




































Did it pop as soon as we got home?  Yes it did.  Big tears, and you know what?  He was right.  He stood in that hot sweaty line for a half hour for that butterfly just to have it pop a couple hours later.  Life = not fair.  Between sobs Thomas even said, "I am going to turn you into a builder (not an architect).  Fix it Dad."  The best I could do was give it a funeral.  Broke my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts