Conversations on the Go

Setting:  Our car, "Chuck" driving home from the Bank and Grocery Store.  

The conversation started off with Thomas asking me why germs were everywhere.  I said I did not know, but maybe Mommy did because she is a Scientist.  The rest is pretty close to what happened next.

Thomas (T) - "What is a Scientist?"
Dad (D) - "Someone who wants to know how everything in the natural world works."
T - "Why aren't you a scientist?"
D - "I guess I was more interested in drawing and building things with my hands.  So I became an architect."
T - "I am going to be a scientist / architect / builder / diver / leap frog (mumble mumble trails off)....."
(I can tell know he is getting a little upset with the idea of becoming something or choosing something)
D - "Thomas, you don't have to worry about a job right now.  You can like anything and everything right now; you don't have to choose.  Just keep an open mind to everything like you are doing and when you are older you will figure it out."
T - "What is figure it out?"
D - "To decide."
(Silence for a while)
T - "I am going to be a Pizza Astronaut."
D (laughing) - "Wow, that is awesome.  What is that?"
T - "I will deliver pizzas to all the Astronauts in space."
D - "Sounds great.  Will be the pizzas be hot?"
T - "Yes."

Comments

Popular Posts